»

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Hair Hell Week


I have been battling my hair for about a week now and I am on the losing end. One of the problems is, that I have a multitude of textures on my head. Not quite straight, not quite curly...entirely frustrating. I don't have a relaxer, but I do fry the hell out of my hair to get it to do whatever style I'm feeling at the moment. And two months ago, I was feeling the "china doll" bob that Rihanna has recently made famous again. So, I chopped my hair into a similar style and rocked it until I got tired of the daily fry sessions with my flat-iron...*sigh* I mean, really, who has that kind of time?
So, I guess it really is time to face the music and try to make peace with my hair. Between running back and forth to work, school and trying to make time for daily exercise and studying, my hair really is the least of my priorities. I have been thinking about giving it a rest and trying out a cute braided 'do for awhile..besides, I'm running out of cute hats to wear to work.

4 comments:

Naturally Sophia said...

The hairstyle in the photo is fierce; I too wanted the china doll bob. But only for a second before getting locs. No regrets and no looking back. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Juanette said...

I love this! easy and sassy!

Afrodite said...

Funny that you mention the time it takes to keep-up a flat iron. I was just talking to my boyfriend last night and I was telling him how hard it is to maintain a flat iron (I don't have a relaxer either). I thought it was just me. Natural is so much easier...

Thanks for checking out the blog!

DeenScene said...

DeenScene earrings look good with natural hair. rare earrings for a rare style!